Big Changes Coming Soon to CPS IBEW FCU Members
Member Feedback Leads to New Service OfferingsLast fall, CPS IBEW FCU members were given the opportunity to participate in a brief online survey. Our goal was to gauge awareness of credit union services, learn which services members use most and uncover opportunities to improve your experience with us.
Our members were very responsive: 1,004 people viewed the survey and 407 completed the survey. Everyone who completed the survey was entered to win a $25 Visa gift card, which was awarded to lucky member Gilbert Encarnacion.
In the survey we asked the following questions:
Here’s how members responded:
- Which credit union services have you used in the past 90 days?
- Did you know immediate and extended family members can also join CPS IBEW FCU?
- Please tell us what we can do to better serve you?
- The top 4 services used most frequently in the past 90 days (in order of use): Savings, Debit Card, Checking, Online Banking.
- Regarding family membership, 72% of you responded Yes, you are aware family members can join the credit union; 28% said you were not aware of this opportunity.
- When asked how we could better serve you the 407 responses were varied, as you can imagine.
Satisfaction with Personal Service and ConvenienceMembers took the time to share positive experiences with the credit union, centered around personal service and convenience. Following are a few member comments:
“Along with great service and convenience, security continues to be one of our top initiatives,” said Ron Hyde, CPS IBEW FCU president. "Every member account is federally insured by the NCUA for up to $250,000."
- “The service and attention that the staff gives to its members is top notch.”
- “Loan officers treat me and my family like people, not a number.”
- “Continue to be member focused, unlike other banks who are more concerned about shareholders.”
- “Love that I can actually talk with a person if I call with questions.”
- “All the information I need to check the status of my account is accessible without having to contact the office.”
- “Love that you are open during certain holidays that we have to work. You provide business for us when other financial institutions are closed.”
- 'I have been with you for almost 10 years now and every year you continue to look for better ways to satisfy my needs.”
You Spoke. We Listened. Members gave us thoughtful suggestions about additional services they would like us to provide. Here we share the upcoming initiatives that are in the works to address our members’ Top 5 requests:
Members asked for more ATM locations for more convenient access to their accounts when and where they need it. As of January 1, 2014, we are thrilled to introduce our new ATM network offering more than 100 fee-free ATMs in San Antonio and surrounding areas. As a member, you are now automatically enrolled to receive unlimited FREE ATM access at your favorite San Antonio-area CVS®/pharmacy, Target® and Walgreens® stores. Click Here for a complete list of locations and additional information.
1. New ATM Network
2. More CommunicationWhen survey results showed that almost one-third of respondents did not realize that membership was available to immediate and extended family, we realized we had an opportunity to communicate more effectively and more consistently about our services, including benefits, rates, new products and more. Please look for information from CPS IBEW Federal Credit Union through sources including but not limited to:
Refer a family member and the coffee is on us!
- CPS Energy eUpdate
- CPS IBEW FCU quarterly eNewsletter
- 150 bulletin boards across CPS Energy locations
- Membership drives across CPS Energy
- Email messages from CPS IBEW FCU
- CPS IBEW FCU Website
- CPS IBEW FCU branch lobbies
To help spread the word about the advantages of membership with us, we’re offering Starbucks gift cards for you to encourage family members to join. Click here to see who can join and then visit our home page to view the promotion.
Be sure to visit our newly redesigned website where we will always showcase the latest and greatest product and service offerings, rates, events and promotions.
3. Credit Card Balance TransferHelping members save money is a long-standing goal. By the end of March, members will be able to take advantage of our low credit card rates by transferring balances from other high interest rate credit cards. Currently, our credit card interest rates are as low as 8.9% for qualifying members. Members can realize substantial savings by using a credit card with a more favorable interest rate. Click here for an example of how much you could save.
Members asked for more convenient ways to apply for a loan. We are in the process of developing online loan applications, and hope to launch this offering in early April. This feature will allow members to fill out all information online, submit their application to a loan officer and receive a response within one business day. With the added convenience of electronic signatures, you will no longer need to come into a branch to sign your documents.
4. Online Loan Applications
A recent study of our web traffic shows more than 25% of our membership access our website from mobile devices. And that number will continue to rise. So not surprisingly, respondents of our survey requested the ability to perform banking transactions from their smartphones and tablets. By the fall of 2014, members will be able to access account information anywhere, anytime with our mobile banking app, available for both Apple and Android devices. Some of the features will include checking account balance, receiving a text alert if your balance is low and transferring funds from one account to another.
5. Mobile Banking
Until the mobile banking app is available, you can check your account balance, loan rate, and make transfers with our 24-hour automated phone line at 210.277.1428. And, during banking hours, you can always call and talk to a real person!
We Welcome Your Comments and Ideas
We know our members have a choice in financial service providers. As Ron emphasizes, “It’s our goal to earn your membership every day by introducing new products and services that make it easier than ever for you to manage your money and make it work for you. We appreciate your loyal membership, and encourage you to provide feedback at any time. You don’t have to wait for a survey to let us know how we’re doing.”
Your CPS IBEW Federal Credit Union is here to serve you and your family. Click here for more information about the benefits of credit union membership in our article "8 Reasons To Use A Credit Union."